Tuesday 7 September 2010

Whats This All About Then?

This is my first time at blogging, i was going to write a traditional old diary but my spelling is really bad so i thought i'd try blogging because thats got a spellchecker. This is a record of our search for wild swims in Wales. Inspired by a recent programme on wild swimming and the books "Wild Swimming" by Daniel Start and "Waterlog" by the late Roger Deakins myself and my youngest brother, Owen, have committed to going for a dip in as many wild outdoor places within Wales as possible.

Hitting the ripe old age of 36 and driven by what some may say is a mid life crisis we began our search for that missing something. My wife considers this my latest fad, i have a long history of finding a 'new thing' to become obsessed with particularly where that thing involves nature or the great outdoors.

So, to summarise, this is about me and my bro hunting down quiet, remote and wild places to swim in Wales.

This is primarily a record of our swims for our family and friends but also for anyone else who may be interested. Its a personal journey for us and i'm not sure how long it is going to last.

No comments:

Post a Comment